Keeping Fit on the Road

By Andy

Keeping fit has always been a struggle for me but not because I am unmotivated but I travel a lot with my job and therefore have not yet committed to a gym membership. Added to this is that I am based between two office - Birmingham and Guildford. This article explains how I discipline myself to keep fit with a life on the road.

Unfortunately I am not in a fortunate position where my company has a resident health club on the premises which would have answered all my prayers. I have visited a Liverpool gym before so I am definitely sure that a membership fee would not be wasted should I spend a lot of time in one place. However two memberships are not an option on my disposable income.

However my offices I work between are as far away ad Birmingham and Guildford and signing up to a gym Guildford as well as Birmingham is not an option for a person with my minimal disposable income. But then again I don't fancy having all the facilities of one gym at my fingertips only to leave for weeks on end.

Therefore I made a fitness plan which would hopefully satisfy my circumstances and here's what I did;

So I tried to think about what the best option would be for me in splitting exercise between Birmingham and Guildford. I first indulged myself by joining the gym in Birmingham which I frequented before. This game me all the facilities of the gym equipment but also the health spa club including the Jacuzzi.

Birmingham was my treat in a sense. A hard work out was normally followed by a hard shill out in the whirlpool.

Coincidentally the Birmingham office was much the more stressful office, I always seemed to leave tense so the spa treatment definitely helped.

Now, I could have very easily have left it at that, after all I am quite a fit individual but spending weeks on end with no exercise would only be a opportunity for me to eat badly etc..

And with another direct debit for another gym membership out of the question, I decided to try my hand at a new sport of which I quickly joined the works league. I am as talented at Squash as any other sport I have attempted, which is not very. But it does offer a competitive and social environment.

So now I have the best of both worlds. When I am in Birmingham I miss the competitiveness of the squash league and the social aspect associated with it and when in Guildford I yearn for the comforts of the spa and the chance to do things at my own pace.

I expect that absence makes the heart grows fonder in this case or maybe it dreading a minute more on the squash court.

No comments:

Post a Comment