Some Great Easy Brow Shaping Tips



Eyebrows are an obsession of mine (hobby is too light of a word), yes, what I have is a full on brow-shaping obsession. I own more tweezers than anyone I know, and I am constantly using them. I won’t leave the house without my tweezers in my purse. What if there is an eyebrow emergency! Just like a boy scout, I am always prepared.

In today’s economy, more and more of us are tightening our belts and that means giving up the little things like beauty treatments. So for all of us who are tackling our brows solo, here’s a few tips on brow shaping at home.

Invest in a good pair of tweezers

A good pair of tweezers will work wonders for your brows. Personally, I like Tweezerman Slant tweezers, at around $20.00 a pair they are worth the investment and they offer free sharpening for the life of the tweezers. You just send them in and pay S&H. The only bummer is that it takes about six weeks to get them back.

How to tweeze your brows

The easiest and least painful way to tweeze is simple.

Hold the skin taut gently with one hand and tweeze with the direction of the hair growth with the other. Never jab the pointy end into your skin, you could hurt yourself and it can result in scarring. If the hair is too short to tweeze, just let it go and wait until it is longer.

Stay within your natural shape

If you have naturally straight eyebrows, there is no reason to try and create an arch when it is not there. Natural eyebrows are big this season so don’t go to nuts. Fill in any bare spots with an eyebrow pencil or brow powder before you tweeze as a guide, then use a concealer pencil to mark the hairs you want to remove so you don’t tweeze anything essential.

Trim your brows if needed

Trimming your brows can be intimidating, but with practice you will get the hang of it.

Brush your eyebrows up towards your hairline. Using eyebrow scissors, trim any long hairs extending above the natural line of the brow. Go slow and examine your progress often. Once you are finished, brush them into shape and look for any stray long hairs. I like to trim those individually.

Tweeze right after you get out of the shower

Your pores are open and the hair is softer which makes it less painful to tweeze. I know the magazines tell you to use ice to numb the area, but that just closes your pores making tweezing more traumatic to the skin.

It’s okay to tweeze above the brows

This is another magazine staple: never tweeze the top of your brows. Well I think that is all wrong. Wrong, I tell you! If you have tweezed and trimmed and there is still a hair ruining the line of your brow, then by all means get rid of it. It is a traitor and an enemy and should be dealt with accordingly.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, a well groomed eyebrow is key to a polished, flawless look and can change your entire appearance. Do you have any home tips you would like me to share? What tweezing techniques work for you?

source: twirlit

No comments:

Post a Comment