STYLE ADVICE: Fashion tips for autumn and winter

With so much fashion hitting the shops in the run-up to the brisk autumnal weather Hollie Lacayo was lucky enough to sit down and have a one-on-one with Amanda LeGonidec, editor of Prima magazine, at The Weekend of Live Fashion event at Bluewater, gaining tips on what’s hot in the cold months.

Hi Amanda, how do you think The Weekend of Fashion at Bluewater will inspire shoppers?

We’re all guilty of getting into a style rut at some point in our lives (shopping in the same shops, buying the same colours) so hopefully the catwalk shows and demonstrations at The Weekend of Live Fashion at Bluewater will inspire people to step out of their comfort zone.

Can you tell me more about the event and your participation?

The Weekend of Live Fashion at Bluewater is a highlight on the National Magazine company’s 30 Days of Fashion & Beauty calendar (30days.co.uk). Apart from catwalk shows, demonstrations and in-store offers there will be opportunities for people to get fashion and beauty advice from experts at 30 Days of Fashion & Beauty.

When you’ve got a big night planned, what Bluewater shops would you visit for a stylish outfit?

River Island – they won the Hottest Trends Award at the Prima High Street Fashion Awards 2009.

How do Bluewater shops rate in the style stakes?

My parents live in Essex so when I visit, my mum and I always take a girlie shopping trip to Bluewater. I love to mix designer clothes with must-have high street pieces and my mum prefers simple, classic styles so Bluewater is the perfect choice as it has something for everyone.

You’ve got £100 to blow on one high street item. Is there anything on your wish list?

I’ve had my eye on a beautiful Marks & Spencer knee-length fake fur coat which costs £89.50. It will definitely keep me warm and snug on chilly days.

What are the hottest style collaborations this season?

The gorgeous Yasmin Le Bon range for Wallis. It launched just a few weeks ago but everything I wanted has sold out!

What stays in your wardrobe all year round?

Long-sleeve T-shirts and funky cardigans – I love to layer.

What’s your fave trend of this season and how can we go about adopting this trend?

I love this season’s trend for all things shiny but if you’re afraid of looking like a Christmas decoration I would say keep to matt sequins or wear glossy patent shoes for timeless chic.

What are the hottest items of A/W 09 and what are the best colours?

Shoulder detail, leather biker jackets and anything that has sequins and sparkle. The colours of the season are undoubtably purple and black. Last year’s all-black goth look has had a glam rock update for autumn/winter.

Have you ever had a fashion faux pax, if so what?

Oh yes! My particular favourite was in the early 90s wearing dungarees and a bum bag together. I looked a cross between Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia and Mr Motivator – not a good look!

Where’s the best place for men to shop and what are their top trends for this season?

Preppy, geek chic is big news for men with blazers, stripe ties and tank tops. Eighties brights and stonewash denim were also seen on all the catwalks. I would recommend Zara for jumpers and shirts, Reiss for outstanding smart clothes and Uniqlo for jeans and colourful T-shirts.

source: newsshopper

No comments:

Post a Comment