How EFT Benefits Emotional Energy

eft energy
Effective Emotional Freedom Technique For Inner Energy

If you feel like you don’t have any energy, here’s something I can guarantee you: An enormous part of the problem can be traced to your habits – not only what you consistently do, but what you consistently don’t do.

And one of the biggest habits we all have that ties into energy is suppressing our emotions. In fact, that’s probably one of the biggest energy drains I know of.

Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, is a simple method to release emotions. In the process, it frees the energy that’s suppressed along with your feelings.

When I wrote this in my other blog, the visitors who started using EFT, reported feeling lighter, more energetic, and happier doing the technique. I was impressed enough with the reports I was hearing from my colleagues to feel it merited inclusion in my blog. Since then, I’ve tried EFT myself. I can now report from my own experience that EFT is one of the most energy-liberating techniques on the planet.

And it’s free. Interested?

“All of us have been taught to suppress our emotions from a very early age”, says Deepak, N.D., a traditional naturopath and one of the country’s leading practitioners of EFT. “EFT is a simple energy technique to release those suppressed emotions that can be bringing down our energy”, he told me.

TAPPING INTO ENERGY
Emotional Freedom Technique is a kind of noninvasive acupuncture, in which you use your fingers to tap specific energy meridians in the body for the purpose of releasing long-held beliefs and thoughts that can hold you back from fully expressing who you are.

“By helping us release those suppressed emotions, we create an open space where a person will be able to put in whatever patterns he or she chooses”, Deepak explains.

I’ll give you a personal example. I’ve long had a block when it comes to my tennis playing. I’m a really good player during warm-up and practice, and a really terrible competitor (or at least I used to be, prior to EFT). Part of the reason was that I had a belief system based around the idea that when it comes to athletics, I’m a loser. That deeply held belief, embedded from a lifetime of childhood traumas around gym class (don’t ask), actually caused me to tighten up my arms, breath shallowly when serving, and in general for get everything I knew about tennis strokes once the pressure was on. In athletic term it’s called “choking”.

By tapping on the energetic meridian points while stating simple statements (such as “Even though I feel like a loser in tennis, I love and accept myself”) I was able to loosen the hold these entrenched beliefs had on my psyche. After doing EFT for just a few sessions, I started winning matches. Not all the time, obviously – EFT doesn’t give you a 140-mile-per-hour serve, unfortunately – but enough so that the energy I had around losing dissipated.

“If you’re in a free-flowing energetic state and then you suppress you emotion, that will block energy. The blocked energy has a physical location in your body. Wherever you block that energy it creates disharmony. The longer the emotion is suppressed, the greater the disharmony. Long-standing disharmony leads to dysfunction, and ultimately to a physical manifestation such as a disease state”, says Deepak. That disharmony also leads to a complete lack of energy.

For everyday, garden-variety fatigue, Deepak suggests asking yourself the following questions:

• What are the typical negative emotions you experience on a regular basis?

• Are you frustrated with your spouse, your children, or your job?

• Are you angry?

“Typically the superficial challenges in our life are not the problem”, Deepak advised me. “They’re a reflection of a deeper suppressed emotion. What you do with EFT is release the suppressed emotion to create harmony, function, and a high energetic state of natural health”.

DO-IT-YOURSELF ENERGY
EFT is actually based on traditional Chinese medicine and acupressure points. You use your own hand to stimulate the flow of energy, tapping on these points (seven of them) while addressing your emotions as well as the situation that ties into it. “That’s what allow the energy to flow freely and for a person to enjoy optimal health”, says Deepak.

The inventor of EFT is a Standford University engineer named Gary Craig. EFT has been endorsed by some of the most impressive people in the field of energy medicine, including Deepak Chopra, M.D. (“EFT offers great healing benefits”), molecular biologist and star of the self-help film The Secret Candace Pert Ph.D. (“EFT is at the forefront of the new healing movements”), molecular biologist and star of the self-help film The Secret Candace Pert, Ph.D.

(“EFT is at the forefront of the new healing movement”), life coach and frequent Oprah guest Cherly Richardson, and many others.

Deepak suggests that a great way to start learning about how to use EFT to increase your own energy is by downloading the free manual. You may also find, as I did, that a few sessions with an experienced EFT therapist can produce unbelievable energy benefits. Deepak himself even does highly effective phone consultations.

No comments:

Post a Comment